10-601 Logistic Regression
From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
This a lecture used in the Syllabus for Machine Learning 10-601B in Spring 2016
What You Should Know Afterward
- How to implement logistic regression.
- How to determine the best parameters for logistic regression models
- Why regularization matters for logistic regression.
- How logistic regression and naive Bayes are similar and different.
- The difference between a discriminative and a generative classifier.
- What "overfitting" is, and why optimizing performance on a training set does not necessarily lead to good performance on a test set.