Class Meeting for 10-802 03/29/2011
From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
- Slides. Lecture continued from last Thursday.
- Easley and Kleinberg, Chapters 16 & 17.
- Salganik, Dodds, and Watts. Experimental study of inequality and unpredictability in an artificial cultural market. Science, 2006. Also available from Yahoo Research
- Why Copy Others? Insights from the Social Learning Strategies Tournament. L. Rendell, et al, Science 9 April 2010: vol. 328 no. 5975 pp. 208-213
Papers you might present
- Watts et al, Web-Based Experiments for the Study of Collective Social Dynamics in Cultural Markets | Yahoo! Research. http://research.yahoo.com/pub/2844.
- Cha, M., A. Mislove, and K. P Gummadi. 2009. A measurement-driven analysis of information propagation in the Flickr social network. In Proceedings of the 18th international conference on World wide web, 721–730.
- Dietz, L., S. Bickel, and T. Scheffer. 2007. Unsupervised prediction of citation influences. In Proceedings of the 24th international conference on Machine learning, 233–240.
- G\ötz, M., J. Leskovec, M. McGlohon, and C. Faloutsos. 2009. Modeling blog dynamics. In AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM).
- Leskovec, J., L. Backstrom, and J. Kleinberg. 2009. Meme-tracking and the Dynamics of the News Cycle. In Proceedings of the 15th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, 497–506.
- Leskovec, Jure, Lada A. Adamic, and Bernardo A. Huberman. 2007. The dynamics of viral marketing. ACM Transactions on the Web 1, no. 1 (5): 5-es. doi:10.1145/1232722.1232727.
- Matsuo, Y., and H. Yamamoto. 2009. Community gravity: measuring bidirectional effects by trust and rating on online social networks. * In Proceedings of the 18th international conference on World wide web, 751–760.
- Sun, E., I. Rosenn, C. A Marlow, and T. M Lento. Gesundheit! Modeling Contagion through Facebook News Feed. Proc. ICWSM 9.
- Cosley, D., D. Huttenlocher, J. Kleinberg, X. Lan, and S. Suri. 2010. Sequential Influence Models in Social Networks.
- Gomez Rodriguez, M., J. Leskovec, and A. Krause. 2010. Inferring networks of diffusion and influence. In Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, 1019–1028.
- Lerman, K., and T. Hogg. 2010. Using a model of social dynamics to predict popularity of news. In Proceedings of the 19th international conference on World wide web, 621–630.