From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
This a lecture used in the Syllabus for Machine Learning 10-601 in Fall 2014
- Mitchell, Chapter 5.
What You Should Know Afterward
- The difference between sample error and true error.
- What a confidence interval is.
- How to compute a confidence interval on the error rate of a classifier using the normal approximation.
- What a paired test is, and how to compute use a paired test to compare two classifiers.
- How to test the error rate of a classifier by cross-validation, or compare the error rates of two classifiers by cross-validation.