10-601 Introduction to Linear Algebra
This a module used in the Syllabus for Machine Learning 10-601
The course requires a fairly good grasp of basic probability and linear algebra. If you're rusty in linear algebra, there are some on-line sources that may help you.
- The backup lectures on linear algebra for Andrew Ng's course cover about the right level of detail.
- Zico Kolter has a one-lecture review of linear algebra. Link to be posted.
Some things you should be familiar with:
- Vector and matrix notation.
- Basic operations for vectors and matrices, e.g. addition, inner product and multiplication. You should known how to perform them, and how to visualize them.
- The L1 and L2 norm of a vector.
- To complete....