10-601 Perceptrons and Voted Perceptrons
From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
This a lecture used in the Syllabus for Machine Learning 10-601B in Spring 2016
- My notes on the voted perceptron. (You can skip sections 3-4 on ranking and the structured perceptron).
- Optional reading: Freund, Yoav, and Robert E. Schapire. "Large margin classification using the perceptron algorithm." Machine learning 37.3 (1999): 277-296.
- Optional background on linear algebra: Zico Kolter's linear algebra review lectures
What You Should Know Afterward
- The difference between an on-line and batch algorithm.
- How to implement the voted perceptron.
- The definition of a mistake bound, and a margin.