Class Meeting for 10-707 10/4/2010
From Cohen Courses
Jump to navigationJump to search
Perceptrons as Margin Learners
- Notes for the talk (no slides today!).
- Exponentiated gradient algorithms for large-margin structured classification, Bartlett et al, NILS 2004. An alternative perceptron-like learning paradigm - multiplicate update, rather than additive update.
- A High-Performance Semi-Supervised Learning Method for Text Chunking, Ando and Zhang, ACL 2005. A fascinating use of "transfer learning" to improve NER performance.
- Robust Risk Minimization based Named Entity Recognition System, Zhang and Johnson, CoNLL 2003. One of several approaches to the CoNLL 03 NER task.
- A Simple Named Entity Extractor using AdaBoost, Carreras et al, CoNLL 2003. One of several approaches to the CoNLL 03 NER task.
- Named Entity Recognition using Hundreds of Thousands of Features, Mayfield et a, CoNLL 2003. One of several approaches to the CoNLL 03 NER task.