Class Meeting for 10-802 03/30/2010
From Cohen Courses
Jump to navigationJump to search
- Slides. Lecture continued from last Thursday.
- Easley and Kleinberg, Chapters 16 & 17.
- Salganik, Dodds, and Watts. Experimental study of inequality and unpredictability in an artificial cultural market. Science, 2006. Also available from Yahoo Research
Papers you might present
- Watts et al, Web-Based Experiments for the Study of Collective Social Dynamics in Cultural Markets | Yahoo! Research. http://research.yahoo.com/pub/2844.
- Cha, M., A. Mislove, and K. P Gummadi. 2009. A measurement-driven analysis of information propagation in the Flickr social network. In Proceedings of the 18th international conference on World wide web, 721–730.
- Dietz, L., S. Bickel, and T. Scheffer. 2007. Unsupervised prediction of citation influences. In Proceedings of the 24th international conference on Machine learning, 233–240.
- G\ötz, M., J. Leskovec, M. McGlohon, and C. Faloutsos. 2009. Modeling blog dynamics. In AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM).
- Leskovec, J., L. Backstrom, and J. Kleinberg. 2009. Meme-tracking and the Dynamics of the News Cycle. In Proceedings of the 15th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, 497–506.
- Leskovec, Jure, Lada A. Adamic, and Bernardo A. Huberman. 2007. The dynamics of viral marketing. ACM Transactions on the Web 1, no. 1 (5): 5-es. doi:10.1145/1232722.1232727.
- Matsuo, Y., and H. Yamamoto. 2009. Community gravity: measuring bidirectional effects by trust and rating on online social networks. * In Proceedings of the 18th international conference on World wide web, 751–760.
- Sun, E., I. Rosenn, C. A Marlow, and T. M Lento. Gesundheit! Modeling Contagion through Facebook News Feed. Proc. ICWSM 9.