Class meeting for 10-605 2013 02 13
From Cohen Courses
This is one of the class meetings on the schedule for the course Machine Learning with Large Datasets 10-605 in Spring_2013.
- Map-reduce-like frameworks and wrappers
- Stochastic gradient descent for logistic regression
Readings for the Class
- Pigs Bees and Elephants (web page)
- William's notes on SGD
- Lazy Sparse Stochastic Gradient Descent for Regularized Multinomial Logistic Regression, Carpenter, Bob. 2008. See also his blog post on logistic regression.
- I also recommend Charles Elkan's notes on logistic regression (local saved copy).