Class meeting for 10-605 Computing with GPUs
From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
This is one of the class meetings on the schedule for the course Machine Learning with Large Datasets 10-605 in Fall_2017.
- No quiz for today!
Things to Remember
- The types of problems that can be parallized with map-reduce clusters versus GPUs
- SIMD versus MIMD parallization
- The actual process involved in using GPUs for ML problems:
- Minibatches are generated by the CPU
- Minibatch data is copied from CPU to GPU
- Vectorized version of classifier update step is executed on the GPU
- So the ML weights (the model) and one minibatch are stored on the GPU