Class meeting for 10-605 Parallel Perceptrons 1
From Cohen Courses
This is one of the class meetings on the schedule for the course Machine Learning with Large Datasets 10-605 in Spring_2015.
Catchup from Tuesday:
Preparation for the Class
- Read my notes on the voted perceptron. Alternatively, or in addition, you can view the lecture for 10-601 from 9/22/14 or 9/23/14, which can be accessed via MediaTech.
- Optional reading: Freund, Yoav, and Robert E. Schapire. "Large margin classification using the perceptron algorithm." Machine learning 37.3 (1999): 277-296.
- Optional background on linear algebra, if you need it: Zico Kolter's linear algebra review lectures
What You Should Remember
- The perceptron algorithm, and its complexity
- Definitions: mistake, mistake bound, margin