Who am I
My name is Daegun Won and I'm a 2nd year master student at LTI working with Professor Jaime Carbonell.
My research interests are active learning and graphical models.
Why I am here
Other than the fact that the content of the course looked interesting to me, my other reasons for taking this class are:
(1) I registered for Professor Cohen's IE course last year but had to drop it even though I liked it because I was taking too many classes.
(2) I took a number of Noah's classes so far and all of them were so great!
- Tomanek 2009 semi supervised active learning for sequence labeling
- Krishnan 2006 an effective two stage model for exploiting non local dependencies in named entity recognition
- Adar, E. et al, WSDM 2009
- Bellare 2009 generalized expectation criteria for bootstrapping extractors using record text alignment (October)
- Accelerated Training of Conditional Random Fields with Stochastic Gradient Methods, Vishwanathan et al, ICML 2006 (November)
- Turney 2006 A Uniform Approach to Analogies, Synonyms, Antonyms, and Associations, COLING 2008 (November)