From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
I'm a second year PhD student in CSD.
I am doing a project on Identifying Abbreviations in Biomedical Text.
- September: Expectation Maximization
- September: HMM
- October: PCFGs
- October: Pair HMM
- September: "Learning String Edit Distance" by Ristad and Yianilos, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1997
- September: "Adaptive duplicate detection using learnable string similarity measures" by Bilenko and Mooney, ACM SIGKDD, 2003
- November: "A Comparison of String Distance Metrics for Name-Matching Tasks" by Cohen, Ravikumar and Fienberg, KDD Workshop on Data Cleaning and Object Consolidation, 2003
- November: "A Conditional Random Field for Discriminatively-Trained Finite-State String Edit Distance" by McCallum, Bellare and Pereira, Conference on Uncertainty in AI (UAI'05), 2005