From Cohen CoursesJump to navigationJump to search
Who Am I
I'm a student in the LTI, working part-time on a Master's degree. The rest of the time I'm a software engineer at M*Modal in Squirrel Hill. We create software for medical transcription and other medical applications. We have begun fairly recently to do more NLP-related tasks.
I'm in this class because I enjoy learning about various different machine learning applications. Plus, I'm hoping to pick up some new and different techniques to help M*Modal's NLP team.
As of right now, my project will be based around using structured prediction methods to aid in automated extraction of templates for information extraction (very meta).
- (September) "A Maximum Entropy Approach to Natural Language Processing", Adam Berger, Stephen Della Pietra, and Vincent Della Pietra; Computational Linguistics, (22-1), March 1996
- (September) "Unsupervised Search-based Structured Prediction", Hal Daume III, ICML 2009
- (September) "Practical very large scale CRFs". Lavergne, T., O. Cappé, and F. Yvon. ACL-2010.
- (October) "Machine Transliteration", K. Knight and J. Graehl, CL 1998
- (October) "Accurate Unlexicalized Parsing", D. Klein and C. D. Manning, ACL 2003
- (November) "Coarse-to-Fine n-Best Parsing and MaxEnt Discriminative Reranking", Eugene Charniak, Mark Johnson, ACL 2005
- (September) SEARN
- (November) Minimum error rate training