Yun Wang (Maigo)
Yun Wang is my real name and Maigo is my nickname. You can call me either Yun or Maigo.
Who I am and why I'm here
I graduated from the Department of Electronic Engineering of Tsinghua University in 2010. Now I am a second-year master student at LTI, CMU.
I am interested in technologies about speech, natural language, and music. Currently I'm working with Prof. Qin Jin on speaker identification.
I'm taking this course because I've taken Language & Statistics, which gave me inspiring insights into language.
- Yun Wang and Zhijian Ou, "Combining HMM-based melody extraction and NMF-based soft masking for separating voice and accompaniment from monaural audio", Proceedings of ICASSP, pp. 1-4, May 2011.
- Angeliki Metallinou, Athanassios Katsamanis, Yun Wang and Shrikanth Narayanan. "Tracking changes in continuous emotion states using body language and prosodic cues", Proceedings of ICASSP, pp. 2288-2291, May 2011.
- I know 6 languages: Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and French.
- "Maigo" is a Japanese word meaning "lost child".
- You can recognize me by the red Mario hat.
I'm working with Wangshu Pang and Matt Gardner on Improving Knowledge-Based Weakly Supervised Information Extraction.
- (September) Grenager et al, ACL 2005: Unsupervised Learning of Field Segmentation Models for Information Extraction
- (September) Haghighi and Klein, ACL 2006: Prototype-Driven Learning for Sequence Models
- (September) Berg-Kirkpatrick et al, ACL 2010: Painless Unsupervised Learning with Features (On unsupervised learning with featurized HMMs)
- (October) McDonald et al, ACL 2005: Non-Projective Dependency Parsing Using Spanning Tree Algorithms
- (November) Gunawardana et al, ICSCT 2005: Hidden Conditional Random Fields for Phone Classification
- (November) Chelba and Acero, EMNLP 2004: Adaptation of Maximum Entropy Capitalizer: Little Data Can Help A Lot